Mathematics is compulsory at key stage 4.
All pupils will take Mathematics-Numeracy GCSE. Most pupils will also take Mathematics GCSE gaining 2 GCSE qualifications.
During this course you learn the following disciplines: Number, Algebra, Geometry and Measure and Probability and Statistics.
During the course you will be given opportunities to:
- Develop knowledge, skills and understanding of mathematical methods and concepts.
- Acquire and use problem-solving strategies.
- Select and apply mathematical techniques and methods in mathematical, every day and real-world situations.
- Reason mathematically, make deductions and inferences and draw conclusions.
- Interpret and communicate mathematical information in a variety of forms appropriate to the information and context.
By the end of the course you will have developed your skills in:
- Critical thinking
- Problem solving
- Planning and organisation
For more information regarding this course, please see our KS4 information booklet here.