MATHEMATICS IS COMPULSORY AT KEY STAGE 4
All pupils will take Mathematics-Numeracy GCSE. Most pupils will also take Mathematics GCSE gaining two GCSE qualifications.
During this course, you learn the following disciplines: Number, Algebra, Geometry and Measure, and Probability and Statistics.
During the course, you will be given opportunities to:
- Develop knowledge, skills and understanding of mathematical methods and concepts
- Acquire and use problem-solving strategies
- Select and apply mathematical techniques and methods in mathematical, every day and real-world situations
- Reason mathematically, make deductions and inferences and draw conclusions
- Interpret and communicate mathematical information in a variety of forms appropriate to the information and context
By the end of the course, you will have developed your skills in:
- Problem Solving
- Critical thinking
- Planning and Organisation
For more information regarding this course, please see our KS4 information booklet here.