You will be aware that the Government has announced a ‘Circuit break’ between 6pm on Friday October 23rd and Monday November 9th. If you want to check any of the details involved you can do so on these links: Press notice and FAQs.
As far as school is concerned, Ysgol Aberconwy will be open for all year 7 and 8 students as normal after half term, in the week beginning Monday November 2nd. But it will be closed to all students in years 9, 10, 11, 12 and 13 until Monday November 9th.
I will write to you next week, before the end of the half-term holiday with more details as they become available from Government, but for now a brief summary of information is included below.
For students staying at home:
- Learning will continue online, through TEAMs, following the normal timetable.
- There will be additional payments in lieu of ‘free school meals’ made direct to your bank
- We will be in touch to offer support if you need it after half term.
For those coming into school:
- School transport will continue to run as normal
- Lessons and break times will continue as planned.
In addition, students who were due to sit GCSE or university entry exams during the week after half term, will be able to do so as planned.
We realise that this is an anxious time for all students, but please be reassured of our commitment to your learning and to supporting you in any way we can.