20 July 2020
I hope you are all well during these strange times. We were so pleased that some students have been able to return to school and reconnect with their teachers and their friends – and that they seemed to enjoy this very different experience too!
I wanted to let you know the provisional plans for Results Day that I have drawn up. Naturally these plans may change if government guidance changes or we have to re-enter a lockdown, be that regional or national.
A Level and AS Level Results Day - Thursday 13th August 2020
· Students will be able to collect their results in person at the specified times for their form group. These times are published on our website but briefly can be summarised as follows : 13 CC at 9.00 am; 13 DC at 9.15 am; 13 HC at 9.30 am; 12 CC at 10.00 am; 12 DC at 10.15 am; 12 HC at 10.30am.
· Students will enter the school via the bus park gate and walk across the yard, socially distancing, to receive their results in the Drama Studio.
· They will enter through the entrance by the dining hall, hand sanitise and go into the Drama Studio following the signs carefully.
· After receiving their results, there will be staff on hand in the library to discuss future options as necessary.
· Students will then leave the school via the main reception area at the front of school. Staff will be on hand to direct students as necessary.
· Parents/siblings/friends will NOT be allowed to accompany the students onto the site for safety reasons.
· The results are the student’s and therefore CANNOT be given or emailed to any other person, parents included, unless the student has contacted the school giving their express instructions to hand their results to another person.
· If the results are not collected on Thursday 13th August they will be available for collection in September when the school reopens.
Advice/Guidance regarding Results
As noted above, there will be staff on hand to safely offer support and to discuss options on the results day, should the need arise. Students will also be able to discuss their results and resit opportunities with teaching staff when the school resumes in September. When they receive their results, they will also be handed information regarding ‘appeals’ and ‘checking’ procedures, should they need them.
If you have any queries or questions, please get in touch with the school directly until July 24th or via the contact details on the school’s website.
Despite the different experience that you have had this year, we are still looking forward to celebrating your successes with you in August, but in the meantime, please enjoy a safe and relaxing summer.