14th January 2020
We are writing to inform you of a number of changes taking place to the year group staffing affecting students in Years 8, 12 & 13 for the year ahead.
As some of you may know, Mr Andy Umpleby has been working as part of the Leadership team with a responsibility for Teaching and Learning for the past year. Having spoken to students in the school, we are also aware of the pressure they are under in these challenging times and understand the need to support them has never been greater. We have therefore decided to make a number of new appointments to ensure that they continue to receive the outstanding pastoral support to which they have become accustomed, and I have detailed these for you below.
Sixth form Leadership for 2021:
· From Monday 11th January, Miss Clare Freeman will be taking over as Head of Sixth Form. Miss Freeman teaches Chemistry and is an experienced Head of Year.
· Miss Steph Spencer is taking on the role KS5 Skills Development Co-ordinator. Miss Spencer is an English and Welsh Bacc teacher who will be working alongside Miss Freeman and Mrs Yale in motivating the students and supporting them through such a difficult time.
· Miss Yale will continue to support the students in her role as Sixth Form Mentor.
The sixth form Team will write to parents separately to outline Miss Freeman’s vision for the year as well as sharing with you some of the initiatives that will be brought in to support the students. During this period of remote learning students will be having small group mentoring sessions with both Miss Freeman and Mrs Yale to discuss issues they are having.
Year 8 Leadership for 2021:
· From Monday 11th January, Miss Kirsty Youlden and Mr Callum Bennett will take over as Joint Heads of Year 8.
· Miss Youlden teaches Maths and Mr Bennett is Head of PE. They are both very much looking forward to working with the students in year 8 and getting to know you as parents.
· Mrs Wigzell will continue to support the students in her role as Year 8 Mentor.
We are very much looking forward to seeing the pastoral work in these year groups develop under the guidance of these staff members and hope this will reassure you of our commitment to supporting all members of the school community to deal with the current circumstances effectively.