Please click here to download our news update from May.
Please click here to download our news update from March.
Please click here to download our news update from February.
Please click here to download our news update from December.
Please click here to download our news update from October.
Are you interested in joining us here at Ysgol Aberconwy?
If you would like to find out more about what we can offer you or your child here at Ysgol Aberconwy, why not get in touch with us to arrange a visit. We are rightly proud of the individual attention we are able give to our students in the environment of a smaller school and we would be happy to demonstrate this by arranging a tour for you, and giving you a chance to discuss an application with one of our mentors or the headteacher.
To start the process why not look at our prospectus, which you can find here. If you are ready to make an application, you can download an application form here, or call us to request a paper copy.
As a maintained school, the school admits students in the accordance with Conwy County Borough Council's policy that can be found here.
Required from September 2019 : Teacher of Art and Technology
This is a permanent full-time position although consideration will be given to suitably qualified candidates wishing to work part-time
Salary : Main Teaching Scale
Closing Date: Monday May 20th 2019
We are seeking to appoint an outstanding, enthusiastic and highly motivated Teacher of Art and Technology (preferably with knowledge or experience of delivering Textiles) who will lead by example and support the department in achieving its ambitious targets. We encourage applications from newly qualified teachers or those with more experience who feel they can add value to an already highly-effective department and prosper in a dynamic and fast-paced environment.
Successful candidates must:
- be a teacher of Art and Technology with consistently ‘Good’ or ‘Outstanding’ classroom practice
- be a passionate advocate of the subject who contributes effectively to departmental and whole school improvement.
- have the ability to teach across the full age and ability range at age 11-18.
- have the desire to become a supportive Form Tutor.
- be able and willing to make a full contribution to the life of the school.
- have high expectations of themselves and others
- be a good communicator with excellent interpersonal skills
- be flexible and a good team player
It is an exciting time to join Ysgol Aberconwy, a mixed 11-to-18 comprehensive school of 800 pupils. Set in its own extensive new campus on the banks of the beautiful River Conwy, the school is situated in the medieval town of Conwy on the North Wales coast adjacent to the Snowdonia National Park. Ysgol Aberconwy’s proximity to the main A55 trunk road provides easy accessibility throughout North Wales, Cheshire and Wirral. The school is exceptionally well resourced with all teachers having access to personal technology, as well as an ICT suite for their curriculum area.
The diversity of the school community ensures that the school is a vibrant and interesting place to work. We offer:
- A well established and comprehensive mentor programme
- A strong personalised programme of professional development and coaching for teachers and support staff
- Strong links with other local schools for partnership working and support
- A strong community spirit
- Staff who are very supportive towards each other.
Conwy is committed to safeguarding - qualifications and references will be verified