We believe that homework is an essential part of the school programme. We believe that it is important to encourage independent study, and we set out to make homework activities as varied as possible.
Homework can involve a variety of tasks. A homework timetable is provided for all pupils. It is the pupil’s responsibility to record homework in their homework diaries, which are checked regularly by tutors.
Years 7 - 11 Homework
Notes for Parents of Year 7-11 pupils:
- Please encourage your child(ren) to start each homework task at the weekend so that they have time to ask teachers for help before their deadline
- Meeting deadlines is a skill that children need your help in achieving, detentions will be set if deadlines are not met
- Please encourage your child(ren) to present their work well - answers should be written out on paper, not squeezed onto the question sheet
- Should your child(ren) require resources, such as: paper, coloured pens, etc., they should ask the relevant subject teacher or form tutor
- Please contact Mrs Sewell (Assistant Headteacher) directly if you have any further questions or concerns
Below is the homework timetable for 2015-2016.
YEAR 7 : half an hour approximately per homework.
YEAR 8 : half an hour approximately per homework.
YEAR 9 : forty five minutes approximately per homework.
Year 10 : one hour approximately per homework
|Week 1||Option 1||Option 3||English||Science||Maths||Welsh||RE|
|Week 2||Option 2||WBQ||English||Science||Maths||Welsh|
|Option 1 : Wednesday, am Option 2: Wednesday, pm Option 3 : Tuesday, am|
|Week 1||Option 1||Option 2||Maths||Science||Welsh||English|
|Week 2||Option 1||Option 2||Maths||Science||Welsh||English||RE|
|Option 1 : Monday/Friday, am Option 2: Monday/Friday, pm|