The world of work, investigating businesses large and small.
You will gain an understanding of the important role played by business organisations in the economy of Wales and the rest of the UK. You will develop an understanding of the dynamics of business activity and consider data which relates to the Welsh business environment.
The subject will also give you some ideas about what you might want to do as a career and help you develop the skills that employers are looking for, which will be a great advantage when you do decide on your future career.
Who knows, you may end up owning your own business and making millions.
This GCSE course will be assessed using TWO examinations, both to be taken at the end of Year 11. These exams will include a mix of short and long answer questions and a range of data response questions. The content is presented in six clear and distinct topic areas:
- Business activity
- Influences on business
- Business operations
- Human resources
A Level Business
A Level Business is designed to engage students through topics and issues that are relevant in today’s society. They will be introduced to the interrelated nature of business using business models, theories and techniques to support analysis of contemporary business issues such as digital technology, business ethics, and globalization to provide a thorough understanding of business in today’s world.
Students will develop the knowledge and skills needed to analyse data, think critically about issues and make informed decisions – all skills that are needed for further study and employment.
● Managers,Leadership and decision making
● Decision making to improve marketing performance
● Decision making to improve operational performance
● Decision making to improve financial performance
● Decision making t improve human resource performance
● Analysing the strategic position of a business (A- level only)
● Choosing strategic direction (A-level only)
● Strategic methods: how to pursue strategies (A-level only)
● Managing strategic change (A-level only)
Students following this and similar qualifications have gone to university and studied courses in Management, Economics, Marketing, Retail, Accounting, Law and many others. Others have gained employment as apprentices/trainees in a wide range of industries.
This course is suitable if;
● You want to study a business or business related subject at university
● You are unsure which area of study you wish to follow at university
● You are unsure whether to pursue higher education or enter the world of work
For more information regarding this course please see the prospectus here.