Exam tips and tricks!
Here you will find some information on how to help plan your revision sessions. There are links to power points & other materials attached and you will also find downloadable versions of the Exam Timetables.
Click on the tabs below for some different ideas and events coming up - and check back here regularly to see what else has been added.
Access to the Maths App - an excellent revision resource for Maths GCSE - can be found here.
A collection of revision video clips - accessible through QR codes - can be found here.
A collection of homework based on skills but also include stretch activities : http://prethomework.weebly.com/
A collection of videos, help files, worksheets and home of 5 a day. Print out the weekly tasks and have a go : https://corbettmaths.com/
Numeracy Ninjas is a free Key Stage 3 numeracy intervention designed to fill gaps in students’ basic mental calculation strategies : http://www.numeracyninjas.org/
Snappy Maths has been developed to provide free worksheets, interactive activities and other resources to help with the teaching and learning of mathematics facts and skills : http://www.snappymaths.com/
This site has all the old type SATs papers and mental tests which are excellent for practice : http://www.emaths.co.uk/
These are some excellent take-away tasks : http://www.mathedup.co.uk/
A scheme of functional units that both challenge and engage pupils in FUN-ctional Skills. The tasks are open ended and can be adapted : http://www.functionalmathematics.co.uk/
Don’t forget our subscription packages.
Open the presentation below for a few revision ideas to get you started.
Year 11 Key Dates 2017-18
Every pupil receives an interim report at the end of each half term. This contains their effort and predicted grade in every subject.
- 1st Language Welsh oral assessment: 23rd – 27th October 2017
- Maths GCSE resit: 6th November 2017
- Maths revision day: 7th November 2017
- Year 11 PiXL Wave exam in English: 13th-14th November 2017
- Welsh reading and writing assessment: 13th -17th
- English group speaking and listening assessment: 20th – 24th
- Mock exams (1) 4th – 8th December 2017
- 1st Language Welsh oral group assessment: 8.1.18-12.1.18
- Year 11 Parents’ Evening: 23rd January 2018
- Year 11 Science controlled assessment weeks: 22.1.18-2.2.18
- Year 11 reports to parents: February 2018
- Year 11 into 12 Sixth form options evening: 6th February 2018
- Year 11 LINC taster day: 28th February 2018
- Mock exams (2): 5.3.18 – 9.3.18
- Year 11 Revision Techniques Masterclass: 21st March 2018
- French oral examination week: 23.4.18 – 27.4.18
- Spanish oral examination week: 30.4.18 – 4.5.18
- German oral examination week: 7.5.18 -11.5.18
- GCSE examination period: 8.5.18 – 21.6.18
Year 11 GCSE results day: 23rd August 2018